Thursday, July 23, 2009

23 Months!!!

Updated: There were two more things I thought of that I wanted to capture for this month.
1. Lake loves to hide his toys. I've found them in the back of his chair where the fabric comes together, in the back of the baby's swing in little pockets, in between the swing's seat and seat cover, and in his clothes hamper.
2. His eyes may be turning green now! I'm not willing to say they are green just yet because I can still see my blue gray eyes sometimes, but there is definately a difference now in some lights.
Next month Lake will be 2!!! Where did the last 2 years go? I think I'll be saying that the rest of my life about where did the time go. You don't think about it as much until you have babies that are little people before you know it!

Lake at 23 months:
- Lake is repeating and using more sentences and learning how to put words together better now like "daddy's shoes".
- He hasn't come out and said "I love you" yet to us, but he'll repeat "I yuv you". It's so sweet.
- We say our numbers and Lake is pretty good with 2, 3, 4, and 5. However, his favorite numbers are 2, 5, and 9 for some reason. He's the loudest on those :) We'll count to 5 and then the rest usually becomes 9, 9... it's so funny.
- He's become much pickier about what he will eat. If you don't get him the snack he wanted he'll pitch a fit.
- That's another phase we are going through now too. Tantrums...oh, the tantrums.
- Since the apples and ketchup incident I've been giving Lake more dipping sauces. Last week we had barbeque sandwiches and I put some sauce on his plate. He took his spoon and scooped up the sauce and ate it.
- Bedtime is one of our favorite times of the day. After his bath we'll go sit on the bed and play or sometimes watch a show before we read and sing. Last night he gave me the remote control to put a show on. I put it down and he kind of groaned and picked it back up and put in my hand until I turned it on. Last week at my dad's he would pat the bed where he wanted me to sit and then we'd sing. If you don't move where he wants you to he'll try to move you. He'll also grab your hand and say tickle or start moving his arms to do the "Wheels on the Bus" round and round motion to sing. He is such a sweet baby. I don't get to do bedtime with him most nights because I'm feeding the baby so I really enjoy when I get to. However, it's pretty cute to hear him and daddy singing through the monitor too.
- He's been running around lately and acting like a monkey. He'll put his hands under his arms and say "ooh ooh ahh ahh". He must have learned that at school. He's an avid jumper as well. He jumps ALL of the time.
- He surprises me with new words everyday. We pulled into the garage the other day and he said "home". I say that most days when we pull in, but didn't that day. He also recently was talking to himself and I heard "I'm sorry". I don't know if he's had to say that at school or if he is just repeating someone else saying it there. It made me laugh though.
- Last, he is so sweet to his brother.
I know I say this almost everytime, but he is so much fun. We enjoy him so much!


No comments:

Post a Comment