Wednesday, December 2, 2009

An unfortunate accident

Yuck, where do I start? Let's see, I was going to do my parent/teacher conference for Lake this afternoon. Lake was happily playing with play-doh and had it on his hands so I said let's wash them before we go get his report. He goes to step up on the stool to the sink and trips trying to step up and hits his mouth on the edge of the counter. It happened in a split second. I pick him up, see blood, look in his mouth and see his right front tooth pushed far backward. It takes me a minute to process what I've seen and I finally said out loud I need to take him to a doctor. This is after I said a not nice word in front of a bunch of 2 year olds when it happened. Oops.

I go to the front desk, tell them what happened and ask for a pediatric dentist since we haven't been to a dentist for him yet. The director also tells me that I probably need to move the tooth back into place. Lake is of course screaming and so upset, but I sit him down and pull his tooth forward and it makes a really loud pop. Yes, it kind of makes your stomach turn I know.

So we are at the dentist. We are the only ones there because they were about to close until I called (and the preschool called them for me too). Lake gets examined, gets x-rays, and then got to play with their therapy dog afterwards. Luckily, he didn't break any bones, he did chip his left front tooth too, and his right front tooth we'll have to see what happens. The blood vessels are really small so they can't tell if the blood supply is broken or not.

This really sucked and was so scary. I almost lost it driving to the dentist, but managed to keep my emotions back because I was trying to sound happy for Lake so he wouldn't be scared. He seems to be doing ok, but I know his little mouth will be sore and I expect to see a black and blue gum tomorrow. I did stop at a gas station and let him get one of those orange push pops on the way home. He was a big fan the push pop.

Sweet boy. I'm sorry you fell and hit your teeth today! I'll be just fine if you never hurt yourself again!

5 comments:

  1. Precious Lake,

    Gama and Pop Pop are so sorry you fell and hit your teeth today. We love you and are so proud of you for being such a brave boy today. We love you and Maddox oodles and oodles!!!

    Love, Gama

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh Kacy, I am so sorry. It makes you sick. I dont know if you saw a couple of months ago where I posted about Dax getting his tooth knocked completely out. It was horrible. I also had to try and not be upset with blood all over both of us. We werent able to see a doc until the next morning. He is just a snaggle tooth little boy. At least it didnt come completely out. I am feeling your pain right now, I will say a pray for you guys. I bet in the morning he will be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw man, that sounds awful! I'm sorry it happened and I hope he feels better soon! :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. That DID make my stomach turn. I'm so sorry! I hope he's forgotten all about it this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh No Kacy! that sounds horrible. Poor little man! It is so scary to see/hear/watch something drastic happen to your child. I still cringe whenever school calls me because of the time they called and said Danielle had a fallen and cut her eye...and I better come quickly. needless to say, about 15 stitches later she's alright, but I nearly PASSED OUT! Good job keeping it together Mom! I hope he's doing MUCH better!

    ReplyDelete