Monday, October 26, 2009

My most fun project yet!

The hippo backpack!!! I'm not sure what the obsession I have with hippos is (and owls for that matter), but I decided to make Maddox a backpack for his bottles to take to preschool. I got all of the pieces ready and then had to wait for the monogrammed piece to be finished (no, I don't have a monogram machine, yet), but I finally sat down and finished it yesterday. It actually was really fun to design and put together. Given my self-taught, no pattern, impatient sewing technique, I was really happy with how durable it appears to be. Lake insisted on me taking his backpack off of him and putting Maddox's on this morning. I think he just wanted to try the new one out. His Aunt Susie bought him an adorable Stephen Joseph backpack for his birthday that he loves.


4 comments:

  1. How precious!!! If there were only 50 hours in a day you could have a side business. Lee and I loved being with you all. We can't stop talking about how precious our grandsons are.

    Love, Bama

    ReplyDelete
  2. That hippo is so cute, with such amazing detail. You did a great job!!

    ReplyDelete