Thursday, October 1, 2009

4 Months!

Maddox was 4 months on Monday. Again with that time thing!!! Anyway, he had his checkup yesterday and everything is great. Just some minor things to pay attention to like slight torticollis on his left side. Apparantly he must be favoring that side in certain positions, but I haven't noticed it. It must be really slight, but she can tell his left cheek is a little smaller from it. And like Lake, his tone is a little lax, but again, very minor. Apparantly, that's just the way my babies are! Last, since we supplement with formula, we are going to move over to soy to see if it will help with the eczema. It's AWFUL and we battle it everyday with all kinds of oils, washes, etc. Lake had a milk protein allergy and went to soy and I suspect Maddox's is an allergy and just showing itself differently. Apparantly the doctor suspects so as well.

How he stacked up...
Weight: 14.2 (50%)
Height: 25 (50%)
Head: 17 (75%)

Lake was 25.5 in and 16.9 lbs for comparision. (He was in the 90% for weight - big boy)

Shots: two and hated them more than I've ever seen Lake get upset with them. I swear it seemed like he held his breath for minutes before letting out an awful cry. I blew in his face on the second one so he would breathe quicker!

My sweet boy...notice the 'hawk is leaning...it may be no more at this point

3 comments:

  1. I love that picture of Maddox!!! He has grown so much in just a few short weeks! I hope everything gets figured out with his eczema. It is just the worst! I just hope he doesn't have it as long as I've had it. So much for "growing out of it", like my doctor said I would! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the sweetest picture ever~I just want to give him a big hug and kiss!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been meaning to send you this link since you posted about the eczema. Grace has it, too. And I've been using this after her baths, and her skin is fabulous: http://www.babybearshop.com/shop2-cheekybaby.htm

    It's a little pricey, and apparently available at Nordstrom Spa if you want to avoid shipping.

    She still has some on her face, but it's not as easy to control since we're constantly wiping her face from drool, spit up, food, etc. and that seems to aggravate it.

    ReplyDelete