Friday, October 23, 2009

Big Boy

Jeff and I made a spur of the moment decision to put Lake in a big bed. We knew we wanted to put Lake in a big bed before Christmas, but for some reason, decided to just go ahead and do it...that day!! He's been in the bed since 10/11 and so far so good. It took a little while for him to not get so upset when we first put him down, but he seems to be fine now. I think he was a little scared at first or just upset by the change. He hasn't once dared to get out of the bed after we've left the room...knock on wood!

Here are some pictures. I had planned to make the bedding...out of necessity, not because it was fun! I'm determined to have cute little boy stuff and it's just hard to find it in stores without paying hundreds!

Here was the inspiration by Serena and Lily. It went well with all of the stars and colors we already have in the room. Note the prices, that's not even including sheets, inserts, shams, etc.


My version...
I hadn't finished the shams at first so the ones to the right show them and the "L" pillow I made to match. I couldn't get a good angle to get the whole star in the picture. It was by far the most complex part of the process. It had to be perfectly shaped and I'm quite proud I actually got it to be from a little 2 inch star model! At some point, I'll do something fun with the sheets, but I'm over it for now! I was even going to be fancy and sew a decorative stitch on the star or rope on the outside, but the decorative stitch needed way to much thread and the rope, well, let's just say I was pretty irritated at the fabric store when I couldn't find the red I wanted. So a basic red straight stitch it was!

Enough of the chit-chat...

3 comments:

  1. And once again... I am SO impressed!!!! I love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice---so pretty! You did a good job. Quite an undertaking, you are so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, where do you find the time to do all of this?

    ReplyDelete