Monday, May 25, 2009

Dear Lake

As our family is about to grow, I can't help but reflect back on the past 21 months since you were born. You have brought so much love and joy to our hearts. You bring such a smile to our faces when you first wake up in the morning, when we are playing with you during the day, and when we put you down to sleep at night. Your smile always makes us smile and your sweetness melts our hearts. You are such a loving baby. You have been such a blessing to us that every stage you go through is our favorite and we want to keep you right where you are at each point. We love you so much. You will be my sweet, sweet baby always! We are thankful for you everyday!

Here's a little about your personality right now.
- When you wake up in the morning you often sit and talk to yourself and play. When we walk into your room you start to laugh and giggle and then will run side to side in the crib when we try to pick you up. You'll do this for a long time if we don't grab you!
- You will whine sometimes when you want something, but as soon as we tell you to say please, your whole demeanor changes and you smile and say "pease" because you know you are about to get what you want.
- You enjoy sitting with us in our laps and will say "up" when you want to.
- You're compassionate when you think something is wrong. For example, you accidentally threw your head back and hit my cheek hard and I immediately teared up from the pain. You kept laying your head on me until you knew I felt better. You also will come and just pat us on the arm periodically. It's very sweet.
- You give us kisses, but only when you really want to. However, when you do, they are so cute. If I ask for a kiss and you give me one, you'll go give Daddy one too.
- You do not like when I drop you off at preschool still. You cry almost everytime like I'm never coming back. However, they tell me you only do it for a few seconds and then are fine.
- You still love to dance. I'll come to pick you up at preschool and they'll have music on and you'll be jumping around with your hands up.
- You love when we "kickle" you. You have the most infectious laugh and the biggest smile.
- One of the sweetest things is your little voice. I could listen to you talk all day long.

I could go on and on about all of the little things we cherish everyday when we are with you. I can't wait to watch you over the years, but I also wish time could stand still. I know you'll be a great big brother and will love having a little brother to play with.

All my love,
Mommy

Just a little something to reflect back on:
Singing and dancing - 20 months

dancing - 16 months

dancing - 10 months

1 comment:

  1. Dear Lake,

    Your mommy couldn't have said it better. You have brought your granddaddy and I more joy than I could express. I know that God must love the Pardue and Ready families very much because He has blessed us with you. What a gift from God that you are.

    We look forward to seeing you in a
    few days!!

    Love, BAMA

    ReplyDelete