Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Goodbye to our sweet Great Dane!

Jackson, our sometimes trouble-making, but always sweet dog had to be put to sleep today. We are extremely sad as we’ve had him for almost 10 years. I won't get into all of the details of why we had to put him to sleep, but it was the best option for the poor doggy. I went to the vet to play with him and say goodbye after I found out this morning from the doctor that this was the best course of action. This was more upsetting to me than I had expected it to be, but I guess we knew this would happen at some point. I just wasn't quite prepared today. Jeff went later this afternoon right before the scheduled time and played with him for about an hour. I took a few pictures of our goodbye. We'll miss this silly dog, but I think his best friend, our basset, will miss him the most. She's been whining all day without him in the backyard.

Pictures from today




1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry, Kacy. I know that has to be so tough for you guys :(

    ReplyDelete