Monday, December 31, 2012

Lake and Maddox 2012

Funny stuff from Lake and Maddox this year...
Lake and Maddox - both will often start off a sentence or question with, "my mommy..." or "look at me my daddy"

Lake -
  • I have a sword (sore on his leg)
  • Do people eat honey? Me: yes. Lake: But it's stealing! (from the Bee movie, the bees think humans are stealing the honey from them)
  • Lake said this is the "master of all caterpillars" - must find the caterpillar picture!
  • On our way to the beach, we went through Eufaula, AL and Lake said, we are in "you follow"? After trying to correct him several times, we gave up and continued driving through "You Follow"
  • Lake went through a little phase in the past 3-4 months throwing tantrums in the morning and often at night. Summercamp was not our friend. We had to really discipline him more seriously and he's been doing great lately! He's grown-up so much. 
  • Porcupines are still pokiepines
  • Lake asked me, "when I get bigger, and ask you to drive to school by myself, you'll let me?"
  • He called Mr. O'hare in the Lorax "Mr. Old Hairs"
  • and Jeff often gets "poisionous IDY"
  • Lake has become quite environmentally conscious.  He recognizes the recycle symbol and reminds us what can be recycled.  And he calls litter "glitter". 
  • Doesn't like peanut butter. 

Maddox
  • I'm "fursty"
  • says W's for L's. they have "line leaders" at school so often Maddox wants to be the "wine weeder" at home
  • started asking us questions by saying the question and then "yes or no?". "yes or no Mommy?" - I then realized when I said this to him a few days later that that's why he does this now. I often ask them a question and get back everything except an answer. I must have started doing this a few months back I think to help get to the point. it's pretty funny hearing your own words come back to you.
  • Maddox went through a little tantrum phase this summer when trying to put him to bed. He would either not let me dress him or he would proceed to take all of his pajamas off plus pull-up and sit there and pout. fun times
  • Lake was very different than Maddox at Maddox's age. I can only remember a few times Lake really played with imaginary things. Maddox on the other hand, plays doctor with pretend equipment, I was putting his monkey pajamas and the bottoms had bananas on them. He pretended to pick one off, unpeel it, and give it to me.  
  • Maddox can count pretty high but usually stops at 26, and very emphatically at 26. and sometimes it's like 1,2,3,4,5,7, 13 (furteen), 16,...
  • Calls Snoopy "Scoopy" - we were looking at Christmas lights and saw "Scoopy"
  • Maddox's last ear tube was stuck so we've been keeping an eye on it.  we went back to the ENT and they removed it.  We got to school and I asked him if he was going to tell his friends what he'd been doing.  He said, "yes, I had a bug in my ear!"
  • Maddox started calling us "Mom Mom" and "Dad Dad"
  • When Maddox says his prayers, EVERY time, he says, "Thank you God, what are you thankful for?, Mommy, Lakey, Daddy, and Maddox"
  • Love peanut butter and jelly ("pelly") sandwiches



Maddox with "Pumpkin Pie" - named solely by him



Lake drew this and then said, it's a boy touching his toes!


we have about 3 nights where Maddox became terrified of being in his room due to "monsters".  I think they had watched Scooby Doo for the first time that week.

picnics with friends




school projects

Lake and Hossy

Pumpkin farm field trip


Playing in leaves with friends


the boys

getting chest x-rays - thanksfully, no pneumoia early this year

Hanging with "Mom Mom" while "Dad Dad" was at the GA/FL game


my loves

No comments:

Post a Comment