Thursday, June 3, 2010

Swinging

I picked up Lake from school about a month ago from the playground and to my surprise, he was swinging on his own! I have no idea how this compares to others and don’t care, but I was so surprised. The teachers say only about 4 can do it and they fight over the swing everyday! They said Lake is always the first in line and gets to the swing first.



Some other things about Lake right now:
• He comes to our room between 5 and 6 every morning asking to go potty and has been for a while. It’s brutal. I’m going to have to start going to bed at 9. He either wants to play or will toss/turn/sit-up or talk to himself when we put him in the bed
• When he gets in trouble, he likes to say that either mommy or daddy hurt him. While funny inside our house, I’m just hoping we don’t get DEFACS called on us!
• We get scolded now by him. “No screaming” – again, when we aren’t screaming but he’s in trouble.
• Peeing in public is a bit of a challenge. Does every mom of boys have to hold them over the toilet since there is no stool? Am I missing some trick to make this less awkward?
• He has many bedtime delay tactics. Hug me, kiss me, cover me, I want to sleep on the couch. If we lie with him for a few minutes, if you try to get up, he gently pushes your head back down and tells you to lay down. We go through stages where he cooperates at bedtime then everything switches again.
• He's in a bit of a Thomas the Train craze right now. No idea where he learned of Thomas. We had never watched it at our house.
• I love to hear him “read” his books like Panda Bear, Panda Bear.
• He remembers everything!

1 comment:

  1. Kacy,

    Thanks for taking the time to post these pictures, updates and videos. Pop Pop and I love seeing them. We miss Lake and Maddox so much and can't wait to come back for a visit around Lake's birthday. What a blessing these two little guys are!!!! (and their parents, too)

    Love, Gama

    ReplyDelete