Wednesday, June 23, 2010

4 stitches

above Lake's eye... that's how our morning started off today. I hate when I see the preschool's number on my phone. He turned or fell into or something into a corner with hard plastic at the indoor playground. The teacher said it looked deep when it happened, but I knew I was in trouble when she asked if he'd had a previous injury that may have opened up! It is true that he's scraped/hit around his eyes a few times, but all a long time ago. I go to check on him and it doesn't look too bad, swollen, starting to bruise, but my pediatrician's nurse (we talk often it seems) asked if it's meeting at the ends, well, not really on one side.

I was so irritated that Children's urgent care doesn't open now until 11!! What??? and a few choice words... Anyway, the nurse recommended a place I'd been before. The nurse checks him and thinks he needs stitches and put some stuff on to numb it. I was really hoping it would be nothing. It looks so innocent. Come to find out from the doctor, that often happens after a little bit and it starts to come together some, but it's deceiving.

Lake's in my lap in the procedure room, the nurse holding his head, I've got his arms and legs (with my leg)and he goes to stitch and Lake freaks. I promise him everything in the world, ice cream, lollipop, you name it. But we get through it. While stitching, I can see from behind it splits right open when he starts and he even comments that it definitely needed them.

Lake seems fine, hopefully he will heal with little scarring and most of all, it was minor in the long run. But I'd be happy if we'd stop having these incidents...


Numbing gel


the stitches


getting to stay up late with mommy

2 comments:

  1. Sweet Lake, We are so sorry that you had to have stitches. We wish we were there to be with you. We think you would have fun pushing Pop Pop off the bench. We miss you and Maddox so much but we look forward to another visit soon. Love, Gama and Pop Pop

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Lake! He is prone to injury it seems. It will make him tougher in the long run. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete