2. Grabbing faces
3. No more swaddle
4. Rolling over from tummy to back
5. Eating peanut butter and cereal - no not Maddox of course :)
When I first typed this post, I left off the biggest change last week...Maddox's first week of preschool!!! I've been busy needless to say. I've been back to work for 3 weeks, but we've managed to keep him out two weeks into it because Jeff was off part of the time and we were on vacation part of the time. He seems to be adjusting except for naps. Since he's used to being swaddled he's not napping as well there so I come home with a very sleepy baby, but he's still sleeping well at night. I do miss him being home though.
Maddox is also becoming much more active and I love it! He's starting to play with and grab our faces when we are holding him. Also, I'm very sad to see the swaddle go, but I woke up and found him completely out of it (arms and legs) and I suspect he'd been that way for a while. His little hands and feet were freezing! I can report that he has slept great without it so far! As for rolling over, he's done this about three days in a row, but I don't quite think it's on purpose just yet. Still, if you knew Lake, this is amazing!! Lake rolled at 7 months people! He really didn't care much about it and turned out fine so I don't put much into rolling either way :)
For little, sweet Lake...I've mentioned he's becoming picky about what he'll eat. Texture seems to be a big thing right now too. He's also started to put the spoon to his tongue to "taste". I say it like that because there is no way he can taste it by barely touching his tongue! Silly boy! Anyway, he had his food and I went to make a peanut butter sandwich for me and you guessed it, he wanted what I had instead. So, I decided not to fight and let him try one piece folded. I ended up having to fix him another one after he gobbled up that one. And then for the finale, I let him have cereal with milk this morning. He did great with it. Can you tell I'm losing my will to fight? So, the moral of this story is that I need to keep trying or presenting food in a new way so he'll eat more than just fruit!!
Can't post without pictures...
How cute is he in his "feet pants" as Jeff calls them???
-1.jpg)
-1.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment