Thursday, August 20, 2009
Party # 1
We had a birthday party for Lake today at preschool. As with almost everything these days, it didn't go without a little drama. Lake was still asleep when I got there (so going on 2.5 hrs which he never does at school). He was the last one still down. The teacher woke him and he was not happy. After I finally got him to sit in the chair and he realized there was food, things settled down. Well, for a few minutes until he was well on his way to eating all of the icing and I took Elmo alway. I had some extra batter so I made an Elmo cake for him and the other kids got cupcakes with 2's on them. I tried to substitute Elmo for a cupcake, but Lake wasn't having it. Lake was the only one who wouldn't wear the hat either. I'll say he enjoyed most of his party anyway! Life with a 2 year old! We'll celebrate his actual birthday Sunday. We're just having a little family celebration this year. After today, I think that is probably a very good idea!
Posted by
Kacy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Love the pictures! Looks like all had a good time. It's hard to believe my sweet grandson is 2! Hugs & kisses from Grandmother.
ReplyDeleteGreat cake! Can't believe he's 2... Happy Birthday Lake!
ReplyDelete