I'm just sitting here watching Lake on the video monitor just thinking how much I love him! He is so precious and sweet and loving. He doesn't give out real kisses easily, but I was lucky to get two this past weekend! It's so funny because Jeff and I both actually miss him when we put him down at night.
Anyway, I've been meaning to post since Lake turned 20 months on the 23rd, but I've had a bit of a week. I've been running fever off and on for about a week (up to almost 103 at points) and am waiting on tests to see what's going on. I made the not so smart decision to drive to my grandfather's funeral this morning and unfortunately spent the whole time there trying to get better enough to drive back. Luckily, tonight for the first time in about 5 days I'm feeling more like myself. What a week so far right? Let's hope it gets better.
Lake's latest at 20 months:
Lake has really started talking this month. He really likes to tell you no, but he's been really cute playing with us saying "I see you" and "singing" with us. He also says "eat eat" when he wants to eat now. He uses both of the dogs' names now and has been really funny playing with Abbi. She'll lick him and he'll stick his tongue out like he's trying to lick her back. She actually licked me and he pretended to lick me too. I'm trying to get this on video because it's hilarious. A "dog" is sometimes "gog". He also points out babies now and likes to say "oh no" a lot. Oh, and he'll say "pease" now for please in this so sweet little voice. This is a much better change than the whining when he wants something. Although, that still occurs of course. He's also learned (probably from daycare) to say "me" or "my". He'll say that when he wants something now...over and over and over. Oh, and he got his top two canine teeth two weeks ago. We are just waiting on this last stubborn one that really looks like it hurts to come in on the bottom.
We enjoy every minute we spend with him and just love him to pieces!!
Oh wow, sounds like you've had a rough couple of weeks. I'm sorry about your grandfather and hope you get to feeling better :(
ReplyDelete