So I'm finally getting around to sharing my blog with family and friends. As you can see, I tried to start this in July. We don't live close to any family and most of our friends so this will be a good way for those that want to keep up on Lake's latest and greatest. I'll try keep up-to-date with posting.
So two weeks ago, Lake started standing up on his own from squatting without any help. We were so proud as we are of all the little accomplishments. However, we were up in his room this past Sunday. I was putting clothes that don't fit anymore away and Lake was playing. He was walking holding onto the wall and I was just far away enough that he couldn't grab me. I look up and then see him take a step (no hands!) to grab me! I yelled at Jeff who could hear me through the monitor that he took his first step! Jeff and I quickly then started trying to get him to do it again from him to me. He made it 3 steps until he crumbled! Ahhh, the joys of parenthood :) So as of today, Lake has made it about 5 steps and is getting more steady, although he still looks drunk when he walks. Will try to post a video soon. So much fun....
So two weeks ago, Lake started standing up on his own from squatting without any help. We were so proud as we are of all the little accomplishments. However, we were up in his room this past Sunday. I was putting clothes that don't fit anymore away and Lake was playing. He was walking holding onto the wall and I was just far away enough that he couldn't grab me. I look up and then see him take a step (no hands!) to grab me! I yelled at Jeff who could hear me through the monitor that he took his first step! Jeff and I quickly then started trying to get him to do it again from him to me. He made it 3 steps until he crumbled! Ahhh, the joys of parenthood :) So as of today, Lake has made it about 5 steps and is getting more steady, although he still looks drunk when he walks. Will try to post a video soon. So much fun....
No comments:
Post a Comment