Sunday, August 24, 2008

Has it really been a year already???

Let me start with Friday night, August 22nd. I was sitting there with Jeff about 8:30 with Lake already down for the night and began thinking what I was doing at that moment a year ago. That night I would have been getting ready to lay down and get some much needed rest for the big day the next day. We were suppose to go to the hospital that night, but the delivery rooms were full so we had to wait to be called when available for my induction. We got a call around 2:00a.m. to come in. Remembering the emotions I felt and then the birth of Lake the next day become very overwhelming and I started to tear up. Jeff laughed sympathetically at my emotional state. I can't imagine my life without Lake and love him more than I could possibly express.

Preparing for Lake's first birthday party was so much fun not that he will remember any of it! Our puppies theme idea started out innocent enough, but I could not find anything I liked for boys. It's amazing how much everything is catered for girls. Anyway, I ended up making Lake's invitations and drew a puppy that ended up being on the cake and on his "Happy Birthday" banner.

Lake's Big Day:



I was so excited when I woke up that I actually woke up before Lake did. He is so happy when we walk into his room and he makes a little giggle/squeal sound. Jeff was videoing while I snapped a few pictures. For the rest of the morning once Lake goes back down for a nap, I run around trying to get last minute items done. I finally am ready at like 11:15 and his party is starting at 11:30! I put Lake's outfit I made him on and thankful it's holding up so far! Long story, but I stayed up making it until like 4:00a.m. the week before and I couldn't read the pattern for the life of me!

Anyway, people are starting to show up and we are ready for a big time now! Lake is a little clingy with all of the noise and people. He isn't really letting me put him down, but he eventually warms up. We play for a while then it's time for cake! He stared intently at the candle and then smiled really big when I blew it out for him. He loved eating the cake and had a great birthday party! Thanks to everyone that came!


Now, a reflection of the past 12 months - these are some of my favorites...






No comments:

Post a Comment