Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Two and a half years ago...

you were brought into our lives. Every time we think it can't get any better than today, tomorrow you change our minds again. We've loved every stage and everything it brings. I've loved the "terrible" two stage, I have to admit. Mostly because terrible is the last word I would use to describe it. We can have conversations with you now, you come home saying new, funny things everyday, you are so loving to both your Dad and me, but also to your "baby brudder". This past weekend, you were sitting with me and I wasn't paying attention and you just gave me a hug and kiss. It was the sweetest thing. We love you baby and hope you have a wonderful two and half birthday today!


lately you want to hug Maddox non-stop

Some things about you at 2.5:
1. I love the misused/pronounced words you use. To name a few, "jingble" bells, "nummy" for yummy, I love you "snow" much, feetball, Goldpish...
2. Just in the past week, you've started adding a 'y' to everything: stoppy, stucky, applesaucy, firetrucky, kissy, hurty, etc... Not sure why, but it's pretty funny. We are wondering if it's because we call you Lakey a lot now.
3. You are doing so well with the potty. No accidents in a week! No accidents at home in about 3 weeks!
4. Lately you've been saying "it's funny" or "funny mommy" and talking about "scared" a lot.
5. Your favorite movie by far right now is Madagascar 2. I've watched it more times than I can count in the past few days while you haven't felt well.
6. You listen pretty well for a two year old and we don't have to discipline you very often.
7. We are still not sure if you are going to be left or right-handed. You eat solely left-handed, you throw balls right handed, bat left-handed, and I've seen you draw with both!
8. We just bought you a size 8.5 shoe (still extra wide) and it has a little room for you to grow in. You are wearing size 3 and 4t clothes.


2 comments:

  1. Lake gets more precious each day. He has such an outgoing personality. Pop Pop and I wish we could see our grandsons and our granddaughter everyday. What blessings they are.

    Love, Gama

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the picture & videos & the blog. You have 2 precious boys & part of the reason they are so great is because of their amazing parents!!

    ReplyDelete