Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Maddox's First Snow

We were in Huntsville to visit my brother for the national championship game and it snowed the entire day! I was quite concerned about getting home Friday since they had been closing roads left and right there. The worst road was from my brother's house to the main road I'd be taking. From then, just a few patches to be careful through(see in pics) and then the interstates were fine. All to get home and have ice everywhere on the streets around me!! I will say however both there and back, Lake was kind enough to serenade me, mostly with "kinkle kinkle little star"!

Looking outside at the snow. I think he was mesmerized


Can I please go play outside???


Driving home, don't worry, I was going like 10 when I took this with my phone. There were hardly any cars on the road until the interstate.

And about the game, as you saw in the video in the previous post, Jeff was there and it seemed like nothing could go wrong for them! They went to a Lakers game the night before and just happened upon the People's choice awards across the street and saw Kate Walsh and Carrie Underwood getting interviewed. Then at the game, they were 6 rows from ESPN's gameday crew (Fowler, Corso, Herbstreit). I'm not jealous that I couldn't be there, really. I think it was one of Jeff's top 5 experiences he's ever had so I'm very happy he was able to go and enjoy it so much. The excitement in his voice was fun to hear and certainly made the trip worth it. Will post pictures he took at some point!

No comments:

Post a Comment