Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Checkup and Pictures

We had Maddox's follow-up appointment this morning. Everything is looking good and his cord came off at the doctor's office. Actually, she told me it probably was ready to come off a few days ago, but I was too chicken to mess with it really. Anyway, he's 8 lbs, 6oz so he's a growing boy! Everything is looking good. The places on his forehead, nose, and eyes are salmon patches (birthmarks or called angel kisses) and officially not bruises. They'll fade over time. It looks like he may have a port wine stain or capillary hemangioma on the back of his right ear, but we will watch it in the next few weeks to confirm. The stain is permanent and the hemangioma will get bigger then disappear over time. Either way we are lucky it's on the back of the ear and they are purely cosmetic. Lake didn't have any of these things. It's so strange how babies can be so different from each other.

On the sleeping front, we are getting our schedule down and he is sleeping anywhere from 4 to 6 hours at night. He's not even two weeks yet so I think he's doing pretty good so far. We put him in his crib for the first time Friday night and he's done great in there.

As for Lake, he still seems perfectly fine with Maddox. He still pats him and I asked him to give him a kiss yesterday and he did. I picked up Lake for the first time from preschool with Maddox by myself yesterday and it was interesting. If you remember, Lake wants to be picked up and doesn't want to walk with me out. Yesterday was no exception. He absolutely threw a tantrum and screamed bloody murder when I didn't pick him up. Literally. The front desk workers came down the hall because they thought he was hurt because he was so loud. He would just fall to the floor and cry. He'll have to learn eventually though. I think Jeff is going to be able to get him most of this week. Silly boy :)

Picture time! My friend Lori took his newborn pictures Sunday so go take a look. This is the sneak peek and I can't wait to see all of them! She did an awesome job! Also, I'll be adding to the existing album I started so check back periodically for updates to it. I added a link to the top right so you can just access from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment