Lake was pretty good on the flight there. He got antsy a few times, but no screaming and crying or anything like that. Luckily lots of snacks and toys worked except for the time I hit him in the head with the corner of the book :( -- then he was upset obviously. Oh, and so funny...we were sitting on the plane once we boarded and saw my good friend Jigna and her husband who were heading back to Dallas to finish packing since they are back in Atlanta for good for now. We chatted afterwards waiting on our luggage, but it was great to see her. I couldn't write about this weekend and not mention how much I detest Delta and the fact that Lake's carseat did not make it on the plane to Dallas. This was a pain for the next day as when they found it, they were quite difficult with meeting us where we actually were. They did give us a carseat at the airport after saying they didn't think they had one. It was pretty gross, but what do you do?
So on to visit the fam... We headed to Lauren and Corby's house where Lauren's mom and sisters where there with Lindsey's sweet and so cute little girl, Eliana. She's about a month older than Lake. They played a little with Dora's brushes and hairdryer which was pretty funny. I'm so bummed that I didn't get any pictures of them together! Then we were off to meet up with our friends Drew and Kelly who to our surprise, just a got a puppy that day! Oh my goodness, this is the cutest lab ever! Lake was quite excited to see the puppy and they both ran around the yard together. Lake however was not too happy when the puppy wanted to shall we say get friendly on his leg. Puppy claws hurt! Anyway, it was great to hang out with them and visit while we were there. Sunday, we had a great time at Lauren's baby shower for little Harper. We are so looking forward to her arrival and I can't wait for her and our little boy on the way to play together. They'll only be a few months apart so they will be perfect play buddies. It's just too bad we don't live closer!
Anyway, it was a bit of a whirlwind weekend, but we were glad to get to visit with everyone. Lake was so tired on the way back that he slept for the last hour of the flight. He slept through the landing and all! We are still adjusting to being back as Lake decided 4:00 a.m. was a good time to get up this morning! Also, I just found out that little Eliana is pretty sick so we are thinking about her and Lindsey and hope she's better really soon!
As always, I included some pictures. I really didn't take many for some reason and I didn't have my good camera either, but here are a few. All for now!
Plane ride there
So exhausted and way past bedtime. I've never seen him do this before. He ate lying down! Poor baby!


Playing with Buckley--he's a nibbler!

No comments:
Post a Comment