Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Chomp Chomp

No, not Maddox. No sign of teeth yet there. It's Lake!! Jeff usually puts him to bed and brushes his teeth, but I did the other night and guess what I discovered? ALL 4 2 year molars are HALF way through!!! What?!?! Well, I have no idea when they first broke through. Maybe he was having a bad day one day and we didn't notice, but yay!!!

Since I don't do monthly updates for Lake anymore, here are a few things to catch up on:
1. Asked to be changed for the first time about 3 weeks ago
2. Pronounces his name "Yake" and Maddox like Madda
3. Starting to speak a little more clearly
4. Cries and repeats "mommydaddy" when he's really upset
5. Will say "eyes eyes" when either his hair gets in them or pulling a shirt on/off.
6. Getting pretty good with his shapes and colors
7. Loves to say "I did it" or "I do it" (they mean the same)
8. We had to start disciplining him with timeouts now. Not often, but he's testing us.
9. Favorite movie right now...Tinker Bell!! Yes, you heard right. He LOVES it. very funny.

And the sweet moment of the day...
When we were visiting Melissa in Savannah, we were out shopping with Lake and Maddox in the stroller which is side by side. Maddox’s carrier hood was pulled up and I think I see out of the corner of my eye Maddox rubbing his eyes. I look down and Lake’s little hand had reached around and was poking (probably really just trying to feel) Maddox’s eyes as Maddox is trying to frantically rub them away!!! Lake couldn’t see what he was doing because of the hood. I picked Maddox up to check the damage. Luckily, just a little watery from probably the initial prodding!!! Poor little guy! Lake just looked at me like, "What? I was bored!"

Ok, the real sweet moment...
Lake and I went to get Maddox the other morning and Lake reached through the crib and started rubbing Maddox’s back. He really is a sweet big brother. He also gently threw the ball to Maddox a few nights ago wanting him to play back. Soon Lake, soon :)

1 comment:

  1. How Pop Pop and I wish we could see Lake and Maddox everyday and see them as they grow up
    daily.

    Can't wait to be with our 3 precious grandbabies at Christmas.

    Love, Gama

    ReplyDelete