Sunday, November 30, 2008

We're Tired...

Well, what can I say? Our sweet baby son always has something new in store for us. Let me describe our week and then share with you today. After taking 4 days to recover from the stomach virus, we make it to Birmingham to visit with Jeff's family for Thanksgiving. It was great to see everyone and it was also very great to be able to go to the game Saturday and visit with some of my college friends and watch the Tide dominate. Thanks again to Aunt Laloy and Denise for keeping Lake.

We get back to the hotel Saturday night after the game, Lake is asleep and all is well. Then, about 12a.m., Lake wakes up crying. Think something just disturbed his sleep, but since we were right by him, there was no getting him to go back to sleep with us in the same room. We tried letting him sleeping in the bed. He would snuggle against me or Jeff...for about 5 minutes. Then he started playing and laughing. Not fun for Mommy and Daddy who are exhausted! Finally, we decide about 1:30 that we are just going to pack up and drive on home. Oh, and now that I can see with the light on, I can tell Lake is getting pink eye...that sinus infection did come like I predicted.

We get home and pray that Lake will sleep a few hours at least. He did, but only two. The poor baby's eyes were so yucky I decided to take him to the urgent care to get meds. I didn't want to wait another day for him to start to feel better. So I let Jeff sleep and go take him and get the medicines. Now, we will try to relax the rest of the day.

But wait, there's more. Lake wakes up from his nap and can't walk on his left leg!! Doesn't seem to hurt, no signs of injury, nothing. What in the world is going on? We watch for a while and then after a few hours decide to call on the on-call nurse to be safe. Of course, they are concerned with no obvious signs that it needs to be checked and we confirm with the pediatrician when she calls. So, BACK to the urgent care place!!

Ok, so over a period of two hours (past Lake's bedtime), Lake has to get x-rays of his leg (he absolutely hated and I could hear him crying - Jeff was with him) and blood drawn (like a big person through the arm!) to rule things out. This could be either inflammation due to cold/sinus (which apparantly is common) or an infection (either minor or a serious type). The doctor said they have to be really careful with this type of thing because of the possibility of a serious infection. Anyway, Lake started to actually begin to take steps on that leg again by the end so we are feeling pretty confident he's going to be fine. The initial tests and x-rays were clear and we are just waiting for the final one tomorrow.

So, like I said, we are tired! and so is my poor baby with all that he had to go through!

1 comment:

  1. Good gracious! Y'all went through the ringer! Hope he's feeling better.

    ReplyDelete