Monday, October 27, 2008

The Boys' Weekend

I just got home today from being away from Lake for the first time since he was born! I flew to surprise my Dad along with my brother and sister for his 60th birthday! Happy Birthday today Dad! Anyway, I originally was going to bring Lake with me, but we both had a cold last week and I decided that maybe he and Jeff should have a father-son weekend.

Jeff said they had a great time and that he was very sad it had ended. I'm glad to be back though as I missed Lake so much too. However, I'm not sure Lake knew I was even gone :) I went to pick him up on my way back from the airport anticipating his big grin when I walked through the door. Mind you, this is what he does every day when I pick him up. However, today, as I was about to walk in the door, one of the teachers was coming out and told me Lake was upset because he had just grabbed the whole pack of graham crackers off the counter and when they took them away, he burst into tears. So I walk in and sure enough, he's in tears, not excited to see me, but upset someone took the crackers away! Little stinker... Anyway, we had fun the rest of the night and I'm glad to be back.

Although, I think I'm going to have to try to do this again at some point for Jeff. I think the boys really enjoyed themselves without the mommy home!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a nice trip and the boys had fun too! Can't wait to hear all about it :D.

    ReplyDelete